WAM ölçüm tesisi, 100 ila 1500 keV aralığındaki gamma radyasyonu yayan seçilmiş radyonüklidlerin aktivitelerinin, aktivite konsantrasyonlarının, toplam aktivitelerinin ve toplam aktivite konsantrasyonlarının ölçümü ve belirlenmesi için tasarlanmıştır. Toplam faaliyetler bireysel radyonüklitlerin faaliyetlerinin toplamıdır; ve toplam aktivite konsantrasyonları, tek tek radyonüklitlerin tüm aktivite konsantrasyonlarının toplamıdır. Katı madde ve standart bateride yaklaşık 0.2 m3 hacme sahip olan, ortalama yoğunluğu 2500 kg / m3 olan denekler ölçülür.
Derin Su gamma-spektrometresi, deniz kazaları, radyoaktif atıkların denizaltında depolanması, kayıp nükleer yüklerin araştırılması, radyonüklid migrasyonunun incelenmesi vb. durumlarda radyonüklitlerden gama-radyasyon kayıtları için deniz yatağının izlenmesi sırasında kullanılabilir.
Gama ve X-ışını HPGe Spektrometre, Gama ve X-ışını kuantum enerjisinin orantısal seviyeye dönüştürülmesi için tasarlanmıştır. Bu, bir nükleer fizik aparatıyla daha fazla kayıt için genlikli elektrik sinyalleri ve bunların amplifikasyonu kullanılarak gerçekleştirilir. Nükleer enerjide, endüstriyel üretimde, tarımda, ilaçta vb. çevresel nesneler için radyolojik izlemenin gama ve X-ışını tespit bileşeni olarak kullanılması amaçlanmıştır.
Gama Işını Algılama Cihazı, genlik elektrik sinyalleri kullanarak Gama-ışını kuantum enerjisinin dönüşümü ve nükleer fizik aparatıyla daha fazla kayıt için amplifikasyonu için tasarlanmış Elektrikli Makine Soğutmalı bir HPGe detektörüne dayanmaktadır. Uzun, sürekli operasyonlar için özel olarak geliştirilmiştir.
Gama Analizi için Radyonüklid Tanımlayıcısı HandSPEC, yüksek saflıkta germanyum dedektörüne dayanan eksiksiz bir spektrometredir. HandSPEC’in soğutma sistemi, Pulse tüplü Stirling-devirli kriyo-soğutucu içeren özel bir kriyostattan oluşmaktadır. HandSPEC, gama-radyasyon kaydı, spektrum işleme, radyonüklidlerin tanımlanması ve çeşitli yöntemlerle faaliyetlerinin belirlenmesi için tasarlanmıştır.
HandSPEC, tüm spektrometre parametrelerini kontrol etmek, ölçümleri gerçekleştirmek ve dahili bellekte spektrum ve analiz sonuçlarını saklamak için dahili işlemci ve spektrometrik bir aygıta sahiptir. Sonuçların görselleştirilmesi ve spektrometre parametrelerinin kontrolü, 800×400 piksel çözünürlüğe ve diyagonal 10.8 cm’ye sahip dahili dokunmatik ekran ile yapılır. Ekranın sağ üst köşesindeki pil durumu göstergesi, cihazın şarj edilme süresini gösterir. Dahili dijital cihazlar 16k kanal MCA bazında işleme ve dokunmatik ekrandan kontrol edilir. Dedektör ve ön amplifikatör güç kaynağı için yüksek voltaj beslemesi dahili bir kaba amplifikatör ve dijital filtreleme ve analiz ile birlikte entegre edilmiştir.
All-in-one Gamma Spectrometer with digital signal processing is applicable for HPGe detector spectrometric pulses registration, amplification, digital filtration and gamma-ray spectra registration. All-in-one Gamma Spectrometer is designed as one integrated monoblock being identical to standard laboratory detection unit with inbuilt preamplifier, however it has inbuilt MCA, HV supply, etc.
Registration of Gamma and X-Ray spectra for the radiological control of environmental objects, industrial and agricultural products, objects and plants of nuclear energetics and enterprises dealing with the storage and processing of radioactive wastes.
Detection and analysis of Gamma-ray of environmental objects in nuclear energetics, products of industry and agriculture, medicine, etc.
Coaxial HPGe Detector with Lead Shield is used to measure the specific gamma radiation of radionuclides from various types of environmental objects such as rocks, minerals, sludge, slag, soil, plant, sediment and particulate matter in air and water.
Detection unit Monolith consist from the following integrated components:
- HPGe detector
- Autonomous cooling system for the detector based on electrical machinery cooler EMC
- Controller for controlling the operation of EMC
- Fans (2-4) for EMC cooling
The NitroSPEC the world’s smallest liquid nitrogen cooled Spectrometer which is based on High Purity Germanium (HPGe) semiconductor detectors. The NitroSPEC is providing the complete range of functions and features which are offered by regular laboratory Spectrometer based on HPGe detectors but in a really miniature composition of all major components. During the development of the NitroSPEC, Baltic Scientific Instruments R&D specialists were aimed at HPGe detector, Dewar vessel for liquid nitrogen, MCA with software package and visualization monitor integration in only one miniature monounit to provide easy and comfortable use. Due to the fact that during the measurement no cables are needed, the operator is unrestricted in his mobility. Power supply is no longer an issue as everything is integrated. The NitroSPEC the world’s smallest liquid nitrogen cooled Spectrometer which is based on High Purity Germanium (HPGe) semiconductor detectors. The NitroSPEC is providing the complete range of functions and features which are offered by regular laboratory Spectrometer based on HPGe detectors but in a really miniature composition of all major components. During the development of the NitroSPEC, Baltic Scientific Instruments R&D specialists were aimed at HPGe detector, Dewar vessel for liquid nitrogen, MCA with software package and visualization monitor integration in only one miniature monounit to provide easy and comfortable use. Due to the fact that during the measurement no cables are needed, the operator is unrestricted in his mobility. Power supply is no longer an issue as everything is integrated.
NitroSPEC-X is used for in-situ and laboratory measurement of characteristic X- and γ – radiation and is applicable for X-ray fluorescence spectrometry and gamma spectrometry.
Characteristics of built-in X-ray tube
- Tube Voltage: 10 to 50 kV
- Tube Current: 5 µA min. / 200 µA max
- Focal Spot Size: Approximately 2 mm
- Window: Beryllium, 127 µm
- Anode material: Ag
Built-in digital spectrometric device technical characteristics
- Coarse amplifier pre-filter with amplification in steps of 2-5-10-20-50, corresponding to a full scale;
- Input DC coupled, offset adjustable and depending on polarity of input signal;
- Linearity is better than 0.1 %.
- 14bit, 10 MSps;
- ADC input range from 12V to 500mV;
- Integral linearity is better than 0.05 %;
- Temperature stability TK 50.
Digital signal processing
- Double differential trigger filter, or single differential low energy low count rate trigger fil-ter;
- Pile-up-suppression, pulse pair resolution ~ 400 ns, depending on trigger filter;
- Automatic and manual adjustment of trigger threshold;
- Shaping time (Integration time / rise time of filter divided by 2) adjustable in the range 0.1 – 25 µs;
- Flat top adjustable 0 – 5 µs;
- Fine adjustment of amplification in steps of < 0.05 %;
- Channel splitting 128, 256, 512, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k and16k;
- Differential non-linearity <1% for 4k channels and 1 µs shaping time;
- Base Line restorer with adjustable averaging;
- Optimum spectroscopic performance for 50 µs preamp decay time constant;
- PZC adjustment, detector decay time constants from 40µs to 1 ms can be compensated.
Basic spectrometry software allows to:
- Execute spectra acquisition for the set period of time, select regions of interest and examine them on a separate plane, increasing or reducing scale on horizontal and vertical axis;
- Execute power calibration of spectra on two known energies;
- Determine centroids and area of peaks with background deduction and without background deduction;
- Carry out an automatic serial spectra acquisition with automatic record on a disk;
- Mark and select with color peaks or regions of interest;
- Move a marker on a spectrum or regions of interests;
- Make an estimation of energy resolution at one second and one tenth height of full absorption peak;
- Print out spectrum window;
- Transfer spectra to a software for spectral lines identification and elements concentrations determination.
Data analysis software (operation from Notebook) allows to:
- Identify elements according to position of spectral lines using library of X-ray K, L and M series, automatic identification of elements;
- Concentration calibration using standard samples;
- Use spectra of pure elements for precise description of spectral lines during approximation;
- Precise calculate background and net peak areas.
Automatic monitoring of gamma-ray radionuclide specific activity directly in water reservoirs in the regions of nuclear weapons testing, near nuclear storage, nuclear power plants and other objects of nuclear energetics.
- HPGe detectors with extended energy range GCDX provide outstanding performance not only as regular coaxial detectors but also allowing to go lower in energy range down to 3 keV. Thin contact structure of the HPGe detector accompanying with input window made of Beryllium or Carbon fiber guarantee low energy photon transition to the HPGe crystal and its registration.
- Input window of the detector is integrated into the end cap of the detector by using high-tech vacuum-tight materials.
- GCDX HPGe detectors are showing way better performance, such as resolution improvement, if you consider energy range from 100 keV to 662 keV. This is vitally important for those applications where radionuclides with lower energies are required to measure and analyze.
- Over-square shape HPGe crystals provide better efficiency while measuring relatively compact samples like bottles, vials, petri dishes, etc. Increase of efficiency is observed due to the fact that HPGe crystal is having larger diameter in relationship to its height.
The Automated Spectrometer is intended for the detection and analysis of radio nuclides from various types of environmental objects such as rocks, minerals, sludge, slag, soil, plant, sediment and particulate matter in air and water. The spectrometric system is able to determine the composition of a sample based on the photon energy and the activity based on the photon flux. The low-background lead shielding together with the highly pure germanium (HPGe) p-type detector gives precise results even for low activity materials.
The fully automated sample changer enables the user to measure up to 40 samples, without having to interact with the Automated Spectrometer. This reliable robotic sample changer increases the productivity and reduces the possibility of health risks for the operator.
Automatic Sample Changer
The six-axis robot handles a payload of up to 3kg and with a reach of 580 mm, the robot is able to carry out a series of operations using flexible rather than hard automated solutions. In addition to a horizontal reach of 580 mm, the robot has the ability to reach 112 mm below its base. Furthermore, the robot has a very compact turning radius, which is enabled by the robots symmetric architecture, without offset on axis 2. This ensures the robot can be mounted close to other equipment.
Basic characteristics of Robot arm:
Payload: 3 kg
Reach: 580 mm
Fastest 6-axis robot
Accuracy: +-0.01 mm
Footprint: 180 mm squared
Weight: 25 kg
All motors and cablings enclosed
Sample holder tool for vessels with diameter in range 40 – 110 mm.
Barcode Reader and Writer
To assure the correct processing of all data during the measurement and analysis process, the samples are marked by using a barcode printer that is connected to the workstation. Here all necessary information about the sample is stored in a database. Using the bar code reader, the information stored in the database is retrieved for each sample before the measurement process is started. This fully automated process delivers all necessary information for the measurement and analysis process.
Measurement geometries are: Bottle 500ml, Bottle 250ml, Denta 60ml and Denta 30ml. Given numbers are applicable to a specific model but it is not a limitation. The system is flexible enough to be adjusted in accordance to specific requirements.
The spectrometer with shield is designed for defining the composition and activity of radionuclides in the flow of liquids and gases in automated technological processes in the nuclear power industry, environmental monitoring and in industrial applications involving radionuclides. The Spectrometer can be used for radiation monitoring and various tasks like definition of activity of naturally occurring radionuclides (NORM) in building materials, raw materials, foodstuff, industrial waste monitoring and technological radionuclide production and processing without sampling. The Spectrometer allows pre-setting algorithm of continuous and autonomous measurement in advanced to avoid interaction of employees with the Spectrometer and samples in case of remote installation or installation in restricted area. Complete control, monitoring, calibration and preventive maintenance of the Spectrometer is performed remotely by means of Ethernet interface or other available interfaces.
- Low activity samples
To get more statistics, the system is equipped with large diameter tube and might have several loops around the detector in order bigger amount of the sample was located around the detector for measurement.
The system is also capable to perform not only continuous measurement of sample flow but also to perform sampling by stopping the flow for certain amount of time to get more time for acquisition.
- Low and middle activity samples
One loop tube can be used of sampling. Material of the tube can be acryl or glass.
- High activity samples
High activity samples can be brought the detector by using metal tube of relatively small diameter. Such kind of tubes can be used for measurement of hot liquid samples and high pressurized gas samples within reasonable limits.
Diameter and material of the tube is carefully determined during technical discussion with the user in order to consider of parameters of technological line and environmental conditions.
Depending on the application, other sample vessels are available to be used instead of sample tube. Acryl or metal Marinelli-type vessels.
Determination of underground orientation of transuranium ores in their natural beddings (headings, mines, boreholes)
High precision gamma-spectrometry of radionuclides at inspection of sea bed, water sealed mines, water filled boreholes, radionuclide migration in groundwater
Gamma-spectrometry at neutron-activation method of substance analysis