All settings are saved in spectrometer memory in case of power supply disconnection.
- HV ON and OFF
- HV polarity switching
- HV value setting
- Input signal polarity switching
- Amplification coefficient setting coarse (in analogue section)
- Amplification coefficient setting smooth (in analogue section)
- P/Z compensation adjustment with optimal adjustment indication
- ADC capacity switching 1024 / 2048 / 4096 / 8192 / 16384
- Discrimination threshold value setting of “fast” channel (CRM) in conventional unit, in the range of 0 – 30% of dynamic range (by amplitude of output signal on “LIN OUT”)
- Discrimination threshold value setting of low signal level (LLD) in the channels, in the range of 0 – 50% of dynamic range (by amplitude of output signal on “LIN OUT”)
- Discrimination threshold level setting of high signal level (HLD) in the channels, in the range of 50 – 100% of dynamic range (by amplitude of output signal on “LIN OUT”)
- Shaping time constant switching in manual and automatic modes
- Basic line restoration time switching (8 values)
- Switching of the account mode and dead time correction
- Spectrum acquisition time setting
- Spectrum acquisition ON and OFF
- Switching of communication port with the outer computer: USB,LAN, RS-232
Amplification, optimal filtering, analog-digital conversion of signal from semiconductor detectors of ionizing radiation, the accumulation of spectra and transfer to a PC via an RS-232 or USB, the formation of the necessary voltages for detecting units (high voltage for semiconductor detector and power for preamplifier). Hybrid is designed to work with HPGe or SiLi detectors produced by Baltic Scientific Instruments or other manufacturers.
Hexagon is a compact, stand-alone dual digital 32k MCA, available in desktop form factor. It is designed for high energy resolution semiconductor detectors, like HPGe and SDD.
Thanks to the two input simultaneous acquisition, the module is able to manage coincidence and anti-coincidence logic between detectors, allowing the user, for example, to easily take advantage of background rejection or anti-Compton techniques.
The module has been designed to operate as a scalable multi-input, multi-board acquisition system, offering synchronization capabilities.
The Hexagon houses USB 2.0 and Ethernet interfaces. USB 2.0 allows data transfers up to 30 MB/s.
- Coarse amplifier prefilter with amplifications in steps of 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 corresponding to a full scale ADC;
- Input signal positive or negative;
- Linearity better than 0.1%.
- 14bit, 10 MSps;
- Integral Nonlinearity <0.025%;
- temperature stability TK 50.
- double differential trigger filter, or single differential low energy low count rate trigger filter;
- Pile-up-suppression, pulse pair resolution ~400ns, depending on trigger filter;
- Automated and manual adjustment of trigger threshold;
- Channel splitting 128, 256, 512, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k or 16k;
- Differential nonlinearity <1% for 4k channels and 2μs peaking time;
- Automated PZC adjustment, detector decay time constants from 40μs to 1ms can be compensated;
- TRP preamplifier or Resistive feedback selectable
- Detector HV up to ±5kV, polarity depends on module inserted.
- Li-Ion batteries, operation time 10-25h, depending on detector connected (tbd).
- USB, RS-232 (38.4, 115.2, 307.2 kBd and 3MBd), Ethernet.
- Housing 164 mm x 111 mm x 45 mm without connectors; weight 820g.
- operational: at least 0 – 50 °C, eventual larger range;
- humidity up to 90%, non condensing, IP42.