Integrated gamma spectrometer is designed for registration of gamma quanta and measuring activity of radionuclides in solutions, water, food, vegetation, building materials, soil samples, radiopharmaceuticals, rocks, chemical industry materials, alloys, scrap metal and other technological products.
The device consists of a Ø51mm x 51mm NaI(Tl) crystal, a photomultiplier tube, a high voltage power supply unit, a preamplifier and a multi-channel analyzer within a common rugged housing. The whole system is entirely powered from the USB interface. Due to the integration of all hardware components required for a gamma spectroscopy system in one package, only one USB cable is required to connect the detector to a computer.
Gamma-, beta- and alpha – spectrometer radiometer TRIO is intended for measuring energy distribution of gamma- and beta – radiation, identify gamma-emitting radionuclides, and also for measuring the activity (specific and volumetric activity) natural radionuclides 226Ra, 232Th, 40K, 222Rn, and technogenic radionuclides (137Cs, 134Cs, 60Co, 99mTc, 90Sr and etc.) in the soil samples, rocks, vegetation, water, food, wood, building materials, chemical industry materials, alloys, scrap metal and other technological products. Also it is used for measuring gross specific activity of beta- and alpha- emitting radionuclides in water.
Mobile spectrometric system Mobile Radiation Monitor is designed to measure gamma radiation energy distribution, identify gamma emitting radionuclides, as well as calculate specific and surface activity of gamma emitting radionuclides under conditions of their natural occurrence and at nuclear industry premises.
Gamma Spectrometer combines NaI(TI) crystal of different sizes, a photomultiplier tube, a high voltage power supply, a preamplifier and a multi-channel analyzer module mounted within a rugged housing.
The whole system is entirely powered from the USB interface. Due to the integration of all hardware components required for a gamma spectroscopy system in one package, only one USB cable is required to connect the detector to a computer. This simplifies use and lowers the total costs of the gamma spectrometer.
The gamma spectrometer is operated with GammaPRO software package. The only requirement is that the host computer has an integrated USB high power hub or host port.
The Gamma spectrometer based on NaI detector is available with following detector dimensions:
- 51mm x 51mm (2″ x 2″)
- 63mm x 63mm (2.5″ x 2.5″)
- 76mm x 76mm (3″ x 3″)
Radiation Portal Monitors (RPM) are permanently installed radiation detection systems designed for automated screening of pedestrians, vehicles and trains passing through the detection zone of RPM for presence of gamma and neutron radiation. The RPM alerts the security office and front line officer about the presence of radioactive and nuclear material and provides additional alarm associated information: type of alarm (gamma, neutron or both), relative amplitude of the alarm, etc.
RPM software functionality:
- Visual and audible indication of alarm
- Automated adjustment of the gamma-ray and neutron alarm thresholds without interfering with ongoing operation
- Provision of horizontal scanning profiles for neutrons and gamma radiation in case of alarm for each detector
- Interactive operator window with identified radionuclides list and corresponding count rates vs. time (semiconductor detector option)
- Documentation of the radiation alarm, including entering the results of secondary screening assessment
- Monitoring of the status of health of all subsystems (gamma and neutron detectors, occupancy and tamper sensors, on-pillar alarm indicators, temperature inside the housings, climate control, remote link and power supply)
- Recording, storing and processing of information
- Data retrieval from archive and review
- Log alarms
- Indication of count rate for individual detector in RPM
- Support LAN and TCP/IP connection
- Password protected setup of critical system parameters
- Automatic shut down and start up after loss of power
The spectrometer AirSPEC is a monoblock unit, comprising connectors, outputs and hardware for data transfer. Inside of the spectrometer housing has scintillation detector NaI(Tl) inside, photoelectronic multiplier (PMT), spectrometric stabilization system, HV converter, amplifier, multichannel pulses analyzer (MCA) and processor unit. The spectrometer is placed into thermostabilising and damp proof housing.
AirSPEC measurement system is autonomous and automated. Operator is able to access the spectrometer remotely through Ethernet, able to execute the analysis of the measured spectra using modern and full-featured software.
Example of order code : “AirSPEC-N76-M-A”
[N76] – type and size of detector : ‘N’ – NaI(Tl) ; ‘76’ – Ø76x76mm.
Types of detectors: ‘N’ – NaI(Tl); ‘L’ – LaBr3(Ce); ‘C’ – CeBr.
[M] – monitor.
[W] – winch.
[A] – alarm console.
The spectrometer BodySPEC-S3 is intended to measure energy distribution of gamma-radiation, identify gamma-emitting radionuclides and also measure activity of gamma-emitting radionuclides incorporated in the man’s whole body, lungs and thyroid gland.