- System integrates the Laser Cutting System for selectively removing material, such as topside layer removal, making high-precision cuts and marking metal.
- Designed for simultaneous DC and/or RF probing while laser trimming leads or removing defects from devices.
- Fully motorized system allows user to remotely position the sample stage, the platen and the microscope independently while the system is entirely contained in a light-tight enclosure for safe and easy operation of the system.
- Standard configuration includes independent 100 mm x 100 mm range of motion for sample stage and microscope (larger ranges available).
- Multi-axis dual joystick controller provides easy operation of all motion components and can be customized to include a variety of additional functions.
- System can be upgraded to include semi-automated control of wafer probing.
- Isolated feed-through terminals located on both sides of station for convenient connection to micropositioners can be customized for BNC, Triax, or DC pin connections.
- The following specifications are for a standard configuration. In most cases, each LCS-4000 Probe Station system can be customized to exceed these values.
- Variety of high-resolution compound microscopes fitted for laser systems.
- Polarizing microscopes.
- Choice of laser capable of 2 or 3 wavelengths.
- Wide selection of cameras.
- Precision XY stage with pneumatic position lock and single-hand positioning.
- RF biasable chuck and shielding enclosures.
- Polished brass or gold-plated adjustable vacuum chucks.
- +/-2.5μm flatness of the chuck.
- Ultra quiet vacuum pump.
- Thermal chuck with temperature range of -100°C to +200°C.
- Adapted systems for ultrasonic and laser cutting.
- Optional choice of XY translation stage for microscope provides 2.5″ x 2.5″ range of motion.
- Fully automated versions are available
LSC-4000 PROBE STATION SPECIFICATIONS
The following specifications are for a standard configuration. In most cases, each LCS-4000 Probe Station system can be customized to exceed these values.
Up to 100mm (Larger sizes available)
XY Stage Travel
Up to 100mm x 100mm (Larger range available)
XY Stage Resolution
Motorized, several options available
12.7mm or more
Dual coarse and fine control
<12.7μm across 150mm
<50μm for 4.5kg
Chrome- plated steel
Chuck Breakdown Voltage
At least 500V
At least 1GΩ
Motorized, +/-15° fine
Chuck Rotation Resolution
High resolution Seiwa Optical
100mm x 100mm (Larger range available)
Number of Objectives
Up to 4
Number of Tube Lenses
Up to 3
BNC, Triax or Banana plug
Bright field incident illuminator with aperture stop
Pulsed air cooled Nd: YAG Class IIIb
3-4ns at all wavelengths
1064nm, 532nm, & 355nm
Pulse Energy (High/Low)
1064nm: 0.5mJ / 0.15mJ
532nm: 0.5mJ / 0.15mJ
355nm: 0.4mJ / 0.15mJ
Cut Size (single pulse)
Min. (w/ 100X objective) 1064nm:
2μm x 2μm
532nm: 1μm x 1μm
355nm: 1μm x 1μm
Max. (w/ 50X objective) 1064nm: 50μm x 50μm
532nm: 40μm x 40μm
355nm: 30μm x 30μm
Single shot, 1Hz continuous; 5Hz for 50 shots followed by 20 sec cool-down period
>100:1 for 532nm and >40:1 for 1064nm and 355nm using HI/LO ranges
60cm wide x74cm deep x 92cm high
90kg to 230kg depending on options selected